Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I Need Pooh-Bear Help


It’s one of those days when everything that can go wrong is. Honestly. It’s like a conspiracy of the forces!

It was my day to car pool Rock Star and his friends to school, but I could not find the car keys this morning. It turned out that I left them in my raspberry purse when I went to FL with my Vera Bradley bag, because I knew I wouldn’t need them on vacation. But I didn’t figure that out until after I tore up the house looking for them, blood pressure sky-high, so I wouldn’t run the car pool late.

Then I couldn’t get into my junk drawer to get to the scotch tape. The drawer was completely jammed, and it cost me a French-tip nail to finally jar it open. My blogger site was uncooperative, and it took 20 minutes of problem-solving until I could log in. And there were other annoyances.

None of these problems in themselves are major, and I’m not complaining. I just returned from a week’s vacation, and I am grateful. But the small irritations of life somehow seem to conspire together on certain days to invade my peace of mind and turn me into a Raging Lunatic. If I lived near a beach (Someday, I will, please God? Amen.), I’d run there to meditate and center myself. The ocean makes me feel close to God.

Instead, today I will seek the wisdom of A.A. Milne. Currently I am reading his tales of Winnie-The-Pooh to Little Squirt. There’s something so comfortingly innocent about the simple insight and common sense of these timeless, beloved characters.

“It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily. "So it is." "And freezing." "Is it?" "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately.”

.......Of course, we had both a blizzard and an earthquake within 24 hours of each other in my town last week.....never mind. (Big sigh.) I think I’ll go “center” myself on Valentine chocolate.
 

2 comments:

Ron said...

You actually quoted Eeyore. Nice.

Anonymous said...

Eeyore is right!