Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Winter Wonderland


This view from our back deck shows the gorgeousity that is my part of the country right now. The tree branches look like they are wrapped in crystal. I saw a cardinal looking for food; a flash of bright red against the monochromatic landscape.

Last night we had an ice storm, with freezing drizzle on and off throughout the day. Cancellations abound: My daughter’s school, my intentions to run errands, my drama team training. So it’s a big dose of Cozy for my family tonight. Popcorn and board games by the fireplace. .......Of course, that’s my plan. The teens may make themselves scarce and hide behind their laptops.

Drive safely tonight, my local friends! Or better yet…..stay home and call me.

1 comment:

Doug said...

Looks like when Ralphie was looking out the window on Christmas morn from the movie A Christmas Story.