Monday, October 11, 2010

Food And Transportation, Cabo Style



We are staying in a sprawling resort, where the colonial Mexican-style buildings are built into a cliff. Our condo is in a building that is 7 numbers away from Bro-in-law and Sis-in-law. There are 5 pool areas and 3 restaurants. Large “golf carts” navigate the tiny cobblestoned roads and hills. To get to any area that is not walkable, we just pick up a phone. Within minutes appears a golf cart and driver, ready to take us wherever we want. Little Squirt thoroughly delights in riding in these golf carts, giggling when the driver backs up toward a precipice. I’m certain we will be dumped over the edge!

I love food. Have I mentioned that before? I especially enjoy local cuisine prepared by a chef and consumed in a distinctive ambiance. Such as seaside, por favor. We ate lunch on the other side of Cabo at the sister resort on Saturday. We sat at a beachside restaurant on and watched a cruise ship pass by which made my quesadillas so much more delicious than eating them at Taco Bell.

Last night we dined outside at one of the resort restaurants, surrounded by hundreds of tiny white lights and a rose-colored sky. I had a taste for Italian, but it seemed so wrong to eat ravioli in Mexico, so I had the Chilean sea bass instead. At least Chile is on the same continent.

Tonight we will eat in our condo and dine on frozen chicken strips, microwaved with flair. Little Squirt has undiscriminating taste, and it’s his dinner pick tonight. (Sigh.)

1 comment:

SuperHubs said...

I like the rabbit ears