Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Fun In The Frigid #2



I really hate it when LIFE interferes with my blogging time. Busy busy, so busy. But here goes with my recap of our Fun In The Frigid #2, four days tardy.

As much as I love date nights in which Super Hubs and I can catch up and enjoy each other, my extroverted heart loves to share our date nights with other people. We were invited to have dinner at the home of our dear friends, Peggy and Butch. Our other equally dear friends, Bonnie and Joe, were also invited.

Peggy, Bonnie and I were all part of a church drama team together for five years, so our friendships go way back. We have shared stage time, stage fright, learning and (mortifyingly) losing lines of scripts together. Peggy can make me laugh always. She is the friend I am most likely to get arrested with. I’ve never actually been arrested, but if I did, my guess is that Peggy would be with me at the time and a willing accomplice. (I hope, if she reads this, that she takes that as the high compliment it was intended.) And I think Bonnie might be there with the getaway car. Just a thought. But I truly believe she's that kind of friend.

The men went to spend time in the living room doing whatever it is men do at a dinner party, while the three of us women drank wine and caught up in the kitchen. I’ve had so many wonderful time with these women over the years, but we’ve not seen nearly enough of each other recently. It was sooo good to reconnect.

We ate tummy-yummy pineapple curry chicken, rice and carrots, and topped it all off with chocolate and mango sorbet. Then we relaxed with my favorite drink of all time; Chocovine. I discovered this heavenly combo of chocolate and cabernet on my trip to Florida last year. (Honestly. Why couldn't I have been the first genius to bottle this decadent concoction?? Duh!)

Ahh.....date nights with friends and Chocovine. My favorite things. And the Frigid wasn’t so frigid. The Frigid was actually a bit balmy. Perfection.

No comments: