Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Fainting and Trust

Last night I had one of those vivid, horror dreams. In my dream, evil alien creatures were taking over the world and rounding up humans and putting them in prisons. Think Stephen King meets The Holocaust. My family was taken captive, but then they let my husband and children go free, and kept me captive. The goal of the aliens was to take over my mind and body. There were some other frightened humans wandering about along with me.

Suddenly, I saw this big, strong, handsome man. He seemed to be working at the prison. I looked him in the eyes and begged him to save me from the evil. He said he would. Suddenly, we could hear the aliens approaching. The big, strong, handsome man said to me, “Pretend to faint in my arms. It’s protection. Then the evil ones will leave.” Sounds very sexist and Harlequin-Romancey, yes? But it worked. The evil aliens couldn’t touch me when I fainted away in the arms of my protector. Then I was able to escape from the prison, and go back safely to my family. That was my dream last night.

Then this very morning, my daily devotion from Streams in the Desert was all about fainting.
“What do you do when you are about to faint physically? You cannot do anything. You cease from your own doings. In your faintness, you fall upon the shoulder of some strong loved one. You lean hard. You rest. You lie still and trust........And that is all God asks of you, His dear child, when you grow faint in the fierce fires of affliction. Do not try to be strong. Just be still and know that He is God, and He will sustain you, and bring you through.”

Thanks for the dream and the next-day affirmation, God. I love it when you speak clearly.

4 comments:

Ron said...

Yes! :) I live for those moments. I'm so glad that you shared it. What a gracious gift!

SuperHubs said...

Neat!

Nancy said...

Love when the Lord sends a personal affirmation! Also, your post of this devotion came at such a perfect time for me to share with a young woman, who recently lost her 34 year-old husband when he was called home to his Lord & Savior. Thank you for sharing Kelly!

Kelly said...

I'm so glad that my message from God can bless someone else, Nancy!