Monday, October 15, 2007

Welcome, Friends!

Welcome to my blog, friends! I love love love to write about everything and nothing. I've thought about having a blog for two years, but hesitated because it felt so narcissistic. "My thoughts," "my views," "my life," etc. All "Me Me Me" and "Mine Mine Mine." But I got over that.

Who am I? A woman a few years north of 30(approximately) with the most wonderful husband in the world, Super Hubs, and three amazing kids, Butterfly, Rock Star and Little Squirt.*
And, quite honestly, a mass of contradictions:
- A sanguine extrovert who hates to leave a party, and a contemplative writer who craves space for solitude.
- A Christian woman who loves to pray, and a 'drama queen' who flourishes in the spotlight.
- A Registered Nurse who hates science and eats junk food.
- A homeschooling mom with an aversion to denim jumpers and an addiction to designer purses.
- A free-spirit who craves structure.

You get the picture. A mass of contradictions. I am complicated. A paradox. C'est moi. Hence the name of this blog. And my long-suffering husband's daily supply of TUMS.

I will attempt to chronicle my life, musings, conversations and stories. Some posts will be light and fun, and others, deep and melancholy. So consider yourselves forewarned.

Oh - and I love the occasional Dirty Martini. Very dirty. With a blue cheese-stuffed olive. :-)

*Names changed to protect the innocent

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly. Kudos on the Blog. Let the ruminations begin! Let's not ever talk again, but just share thoughts via the bloggersphere or whatever they call this ;) Maybe we should talk in code and we'll get monitored by the NSA because of our possible terrorist links. Whatever it takes to get readers! So first I'd like to say "the black dog has returned to his vomit" Again, "the black dog has returned to his vomit". In other news our "friend, 'The Prophet', has told me that the time is ripe to tickle the toes of the infidels" (I know the NSA loves the term "infidels"). Also, "black swan", "black magic", "black panthers", "black power" "black swamp", "black pond" and "Douglas means from the black stream" which is both code and the truth. Anyway, that's all from me, your servant Mohammed Al Hairy Armpit.

Doug said...

Ah, there you go again. They left the door to your cell open. C'mon back in - here boy...

Unknown said...

You are a nutcase. I look forward to years of this though. Get in the stream and stay in the flow.
Timothy

pegleg said...

Hi Kel!

This is the good, real good. I celebrate with you as you dig down in and put it out there! I love your rhythm of words. You are a gifted woman and loved more than you know.
Okay, as you were.

Anonymous said...

Your way with words is very profound, and relaxing. Enjoy your works

Anonymous said...

Quite the wordsmith and very entertaining! Keep up the good work! Perhaps Doug would like a little D. H. Lawrence?

I behold you stand
For a second enspasmed in oblivion,
Obscenely ecstasied
Sucking live blood
My blood.

Such silence, such suspended transport,
Such gorging,
Such obscenity of trespass.

You stagger
As well as you may.
Only your accursed hairy frailty,
Your own imponderable weightlessness
Saves you, wafts you away on the very draught my anger makes in its snatching.

Away with a pæan of derision
You winged blood-drop.

Can I not overtake you?
Are you one too many for me
Winged Victory?
Am I not mosquito enough to out-mosquito you?

Queer, what a big stain my sucked blood makes
Beside the infinitesimal faint smear of you!
Queer, what a dim dark smudge you have disappeared into!