Friday, September 25, 2009

Amino Acids And Omega-3

I went to the Vitamin Store this week, with a list of products that my friend advised me to take. I was a bit wary. Vitamin stores tend to intimidate me, for the same reason that Health Food Stores do. First of all, they make me feel guilty for not taking all the brews and concoctions they claim can protect me from disease and increase my lifespan. So when I pass labeled bottles with those promises, I begin obsessing that I’m going to walk back to my car to find the Grim Reaper sitting in the driver’s seat.

I also get befuddled by all the products they offer, most of which have names I’ve never heard of. Like Horny Goat Weed. There was a whole shelf full of that. For serious. I have no idea of the who, what or when, or if you smoke it. All I know is that it was a for-really-real product which my macbook has refused to let me google because of the filter I have on it because of my teenagers. So I’m still perplexed.

I finally found the products my friend recommended. They are supposed to make me stronger, smarter, restore my balance, cure insomnia, soothe anxiety, and help me to achieve my two key goals and possibly make a few more. I surely hope so. They cost me an arm and a leg. So, we’ll see.

4 comments:

Ron said...

Well, ever the faithful servant, I checked that trustworthy wealth of human knowledge ... Wikipedia ... and here is what my non-filtered-for-the-protection-of-children laptop told me....

"Many species of Epimedium are alleged to have aphrodisiac qualities. According to legend, this property was discovered by a Chinese goat herder who noticed sexual activity in his flock after they ate the weed. It is sold as a health supplement; usually in raw herb, tablet, or capsule form and sometimes blended with other supplements. The over-exploitation of wild populations of Epimedium for use in traditional Chinese medicine is having potentially serious consequences for the long-term survival of several species, none of which are widely cultivated for medicinal purposes."

Yeah. Good luck with that.

Kelly said...

Oh no! Now that I posted this, Super Hubs'll be running off to buy some and slip it in my coffee. My and my big blogger mouth.:(
Thanks, tho, Faithful Servant.

Sir James said...

Sounds good but, an arm and a leg, now I'm not so sure.

Super hubs said...

It doesn't seem to work.