Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Cloudy With A Chance Of Gnocchi


I’ve had some Fairly Odd Food Encounters lately.

A friend and I went on a Spontaneous Adventure over the weekend. After seeing a movie and browsing through a flea market, we decided to pick up some food to cook back at my house. At the mention of the word, “Gnocchi,” an elderly lady at the store approached us and proceeded to grill my friend. She was a self-appointed Gnocchi Nazi with very strong opinions on the topic. She interrogated us on our cooking technique, types of potatoes and frequencies with which we cooked the pasta.Then she waved her dirty fingernails at us, gave a merry cackle and diappeared around the bend. It was all so very odd, and gave me Fairy Tale Wicked Witch chills.

Then today, I had a Confused Checkout Clerk, who kept trying to give me things I didn’t pay for. I watched her bag up some red and yellow peppers, and she was puzzled when I told her they weren’t mine. Then, as I loaded my groceries into my car, I found a bag in my cart with a vinyl striped shower curtain and a box of raisins. Again, not mine. So very weird.

I’m on a run with these Fairly Odd Food Encounters. (And one shower curtain.) I’ll let you know what happens next.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder what stuff from your groceries the clerk gave to someone else.

Kelly said...

I haven't found anything missing. So very odd!