Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Living The Life Of Riley


It’s four days post-Christmas, and I am already in my New Year’s Nesting Mode. I want to ring in 2010 with a fresh, organized home. Out with the stale fudge, old toys and chaos! Junk- Be gone! I am ruthless in my quest for a de-cluttered home. I’ve taken down all holiday decor minus the tree, which my kids won’t let me touch yet.

Butterfly’s boyfriend is coming for a week-long visit, and he’ll arrive here tonight from OH. I am planning on having him move into Little Squirt’s bedroom. So Super Hubs and I have been de-junking on behalf of our youngest, The King of Clutter. We’ve cleared away some of his old and unwanted toys to make room for his new stash of goods. We’ve organized his closet, in hopes to make room for The Boyfriend to store his clothes.

Is The King of Clutter grateful to His Royal Servant-Parentals, who have transformed his bedroom into a sparkling, shiny abode? It’s hard to tell. He hasn’t had enough time in between bites of Christmas licorice to actually thank us. And he’s been intensely industrious, playing his new Wii Band Hero for four hours stretches, which he says, makes his back hurt. So then he needs time to relax in my shiatsu massage cushion, before going back to another stretch of Wii and sweets gorge-festing.

Oh, to be seven again! Why didn't we know to enjoy it while we could??

1 comment:

Tom Bailey said...

I hope that your holiday is going well for you and your family.

Being 7? Yes it is great but there are adult things I would miss.