Thursday, August 28, 2008

Firsts




New beginnings…….

Rock Star began his first week of high school after 7 years of being home schooled. So far so good. He’s navigated the large public high school arena without any major mishaps.

And Little Squirt…..(Sniff)…. began kindergarten today. He insisted on wearing his yellow rain slicker and hood buttoned all the way to the top because of the inclement weather. The only part of him you could actually see was his huge grin. Super Hubs dropped us off in front, as the principal greeted the little ones and encouraged parents to walk them to their classrooms if they preferred. Well, I preferred. Little Squirt indulged me, and happily swung my hand all the way to Room 21, where his lovely teacher greeted him with a big hug. I snapped a picture, then skedaddled back to my car in tears as I left my baby boy. Super Hubs took me out to my favorite breakfast place to cheer me up, where I dined on comfort food of cream cheese-stuffed French Toast with blueberries. We had a coffee toast to a Kindergarten-Entry Gone Right.

Then a quick couple of hours later, Little Squirt was back at home with a rampant case of School Day Dementia. “I don’t remember nuffin’ so stop asking me,” he said, between bites of PB&J.

All is well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Big congrats on day one, Kelly. Nice blog, you really captured the mood too, but with your usual good humor! =)