Monday, August 4, 2008

Oh, What A Night!


How I love live musical theater! There is nothing so energizing or uplifting to me than watching a production of talented artists and musicians. I was able to experience this on Saturday afternoon, when we went to go see "Jersey Boys" with some friends. This outing was a late birthday present from the husband to the wife, and Super Hubs and I reaped the benefits of accompanying them into the city to view the performance.

I am no super stalker fan of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons, as he was a bit "before my time." (And the majority of the patrons were quite a bit older. Which made me feel unexpectedly wonderfully young!) But I recognized much of the music, and completely relished the genius of the various vignettes with accompanying songs; little pieces of mosaic telling the story of Frankie's life.

And what is not to looove about musical theater?? Or the delicious cuisine in the Italian restaurant later? Or the child-free ride on the train back home. We could actually talk without interruption!!

A thoroughly enjoyable Saturday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like another wonderful day for Kelly and Super Hubs!

Anonymous said...

It sure was neat seeing all the older folks go right back to their memories of what certain songs meant to them.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. Would super hubs take me on a date? his treat of course.

Anonymous said...

Of course, sir james; I'm a cheap date.

Anonymous said...

White Castle and a root beer float is all I need