Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween


Halloween was One Perfect Day; flawless in every way, from beginning to end. A meritorious ending to a hellacious month…..

It was an unseasonable balmy October day with a vibrant sun and sky. I began the day with brunch at a darling restaurant with two young, charming, and entertaining friends who make me laugh and keep me “current.” They brought my favorite candy, jelly-bellies, which we shared with a pot of coffee and scrumptious cuisine. Satiated were my body, soul and spirit.

We then hightailed it over to a salon for pedicures, where we soaked our feet in a warm sudsy bath while the shiatsu chairs massaged us from the neck down. They rolled, kneaded and vibrated our muscles, unblocking unbalanced energy from our vital organs or some such Japanese verbiage. All I know is that between the shiatsu and the pedi, I floated out of the salon a Tranquil, De-Stressed Mass Of Human Jello with fabulous-looking toes painted “Midnight in Moscow.”

I went home and relaxed a teensy bit more with a delectable book. Then I ushered my little Power Ranger and husband out the door to beg the neighbors for candy, and greeted trick-or-treaters for the better part of an hour. Exhausted from that endeavor, I collapsed into a heap on the couch, where I watched “Poltergeist” and other retro scary movies for the rest of the evening, stopping only to enjoy my Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup-and-Jelly -Belly dinner. I fell into a dreamy sugar-induced coma by 10pm. Bliss.

What a yummy day. Wonderously wonderful. (And I’ve got killer toes to boot.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jelly bellies are okay, but I love the peanut butter cups!

Anonymous said...

Never been that big a fan of the Reeses cups - so that works well in this marriage! I could eat a whole bag of the Pieces though - just like ET. It's wonderful to have such a nice day.