Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Sonic is All That


We have had an unbelievable amount of snow this month! And yesterday there was yet another 12-hour winter storm. Although beautiful, the snow makes driving inconveniently treacherous. But when you live in the Midwest, life must go on. One cannot hole up in one’s house for months on end, just because there’s danger on the horizon. There is still junk food to be consumed.

So, upon my friend, Tara’s, invitation yesterday, I ventured out into the wild to have lunch at the new Sonic that just opened recently to rave reviews. Being the latest “It” eatery in town, I decided I would not allow a little ol’ blizzard to stop me from experiencing All Things Yummy. Battling winds and swirling flurries, my minivan and I slipped and slid all over the icy roads. What should have been a 10-minute drive turned into 25 minutes of white-knuckled traffic.

Call me crazy for risking my life for a chili dog, but it was well worth it! I met Tara in the parking lot, and we parked together in my car into a little station, much like the local bank. We placed our order to a voice of unknown origin, and soon after, a cute little Worker Bee dressed in Nanook-of-the-North attire arrived with our food and a smile. I enjoyed the coney, tater tots with ranch, and an incredible chocolate coke. We thoroughly relished our lunch from the safety of my parked van, while watching other cars spin all over the streets. Ahhhh……bliss.

Twenty-four hours later, I am already craving more of Sonic! What to try next? The country fried steak topper? Limeade? Chocolate cheesecake bites? So much good eating in my near future! So much to live for this winter! I cannot wait!!

3 comments:

Ron said...

You torture me! I miss ... i want ... I NEEEEEEEED SONIC!

Kelly said...

Better move by us, Ron!

Anonymous said...

Yummy - try the Blackberry Sprite!