Thursday, January 22, 2009

Celebrations


We had a little party on Tuesday night, because there is nothing I love more than a good party. My kids and I were the only ones in attendance, because Super Hubs was working late. It was Inauguration Day, and I floated around in an optimistic Pink-Tinged Cloud of Hopeful for our country. And The Teens had their last finals, which they survived and I survived, without even a flare-up of my childhood ulcer. So it was a beautiful day, all in all, and I wanted to channel my Overflowing With Positivity Feelings and use them for good in the lives of my children. (Plus I had an uber hankering for pot stickers and sesame beef.)

We ordered cocktails (kiddy ones for my kiddies and a teeny chardonnay for moi). And when they came, we had a toast to New Semesters and New Administrations and New Beginnings in general. I took great pleasure in our meal, not because it was particularly sensational, but because of the way The Teens relax and open up and talk to me when they are satiated with restaurant food. It’s magical the way that happens. I cherish every fabulous moment, along with every fabulous bite.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll have a Landshark!

Ron said...

Ahh. You have learned a key secret to the universe. Good food opens doors!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed this. You look great in this photo