Monday, February 23, 2009

Project Pandemonium Update


It’s Day #4 of Project Pandemonium. I still cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel, but at least the tunnel doesn’t feel quite so dark or icky….

The Restoration Workerbees came on Friday and ripped out bathroom fixtures and pulled up carpeting and walled off my dining room with ginormous sheets of plastic. Then they set up half a dozen industrial-sized fans that have been running day and night since, making it necessary to turn up the TV volume to 42. I shudder to think about the arrival of our next electric bill! The Workerbees’ parting gift was saturating the upstairs floor with a deodorizer spray that has made my house reek like A Clean Holiday Inn for the past 72 hours and has not helped my headaches.

My cats are beyond stressed and hiding under couches and pulling out their fur. And my sons have been displaced from their bedrooms. Rock Star currently bunks on a couch, and Little Squirt has joyfully taken to camping on the floor of our bedroom with several of his stuffed friends (which has made our Couple's Personal Time a bit more challenging…).

King Solomon clearly had plumbing problems and subsequent water damage as well when he wrote Ecclesiastes 3. “A time to tear down” is completely resonating with me. But I am feeling almost fully recovered from the crazy virus that hit me last week, causing headaches and fainting spells and general malaise. Today I feel 80% back to normal, which makes the hard stuff of life so much easier to bear. I feel better, so much better! I almost want to dance down some hills with my arms outstretched and sing songs from “The Sound of Music!” Except that we have no hills in IL. Only flat terrain with lots of snow. But spring is coming….and the sun is shining….and the Workerbees are coming today to turn off the fans. “A time to build up” will have it’s season soon. I’ll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Ron said...

Not fun. Not fun at all.

And by the way ... are there still any "clean Holiday Inn's" left?

Anonymous said...

Yay! I hope it is all fixed and cleaned up already, keep us posted! It's funny how Solomon's book seems to speak to us when things are really down and we feel like our lives are broken in some way. It's the most "earthy" of the books, I think, and deserves further study by me, anyway! God Bless your House and all who Sail in Her! ;-)