Friday, March 27, 2009

Arizona, Day 6



Our AZ Spring Break comes to a gratifying end. Much enjoyment was had by all.

Little Squirt and I haved logged in many poolside hours. I have read “Twilight” and tanned, while he has romped about in the water, surfacing only for Dove bars. The Teens occasionally joined us in the sun, specifically went they needed money.

I have taken many jaunts around the property, investigating the terrain and admiring the mountainous backdrop. I am absolutely in love with the cacti! There is a large Saguaro down by the pool, who greets me every morning. His stance makes it clear that he wants a hug. I nicknamed him “Fluffy” and would really love to take him home with me, if there was any way I could get him through airport security. That is doubtful, as they found my lip gloss threatening. Super Hubs suggested I dress him in Little Squrt’s jacket and call him “Bill.” Hmmm.

We’ve eaten out at different restaurant almost every night, usually in Cave Creek, a nearby town that was established as a cowboy settlement. We are stuffed nightly with fried chicken, mashed potatoes, chili and hamburgers. The finest of Cowboy Chow. Tonight we went to a saloon that features real live bull riding every Friday night. A parked pick up held two baa-ing sheep in the back. Now that’s something you don’t see every day in Chicago.

I discovered a little studio across the streert from our resort that sells all kinds of fine art made from blown glass. The lovely resident artist proudly showed me the beautiful, colorful works made by local sculptors. He gave me a parting gift of a beautiful pendant in colors of blue and yellow. “I believe it carries with it a little bit of luck,” he said. I was touched by the sweet sincerity of his offering. Which is an appropriate segue to this thought....we have been lucky. This last-minute trip has been a blessing.

See you back in town!

1 comment:

super hubs said...

Glad you're baaaaaaa -ck.