Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday '09


I cannot believe it’s been a week since I’ve blogged. That is possibly the longest I’ve gone. My bad. I’ll blame it on the Sports Hades in which I’ve taken residence. Little Squirt is now in two different sports, both of which began afternoon practices this week. And we’ve had various after-school appointments thrown in.

I have several topics I have a yen to post about, but today doesn’t seem like the right day. It’s Good Friday; a quiet, reflective day in our family. So, on this holy of days, I’ll end with this:

“....he was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed. All of us, like sheep, have strayed away. We have left God’s paths to follow our own. Yet the Lord laid on him the sins of us all.” (Isaiah 53:5,6)

What an incredible love.

1 comment: