Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Would You Like A Frosty With That?


I envy Little Squirt’s personality. He dives into everything with gusto. Life is to be enjoyed! He’s always fully confident and courageous, thank you, God, and may he always be that way. He got his letter from school last week telling him who his new teacher will be. He has no angst over meeting his teacher or meeting new classmates or doing first grade work. He cannot wait for the adventure! He believes it will all be awesome, and for him it will.

We were having lunch together the other day, and I was telling him how much I will miss when school starts. Our conversation went someting like this:
Me: (facetiously) “How about you stay with me this year and I’ll homeschool you?”
LS: “Mommm......then I won’t get to eat lunch at school. And they have the best pizza ever!!”
Me: “Well, what will I do with myself all day long with you gone?”
LS: “You could get a job.”
Me: “And where do you think I should work?”
Pregnant pause.
LS: (said with great excitement) “You could work at Wendy’s!”

He is so very right. Didn’t the mantra goes something like, “You only have to be friendly to work at Wendy’s"? I can do that! I can be friendly.

1 comment:

Today in Tango said...

Hi Kelly, it is wonderful to read you and intuit a lovely, seeking, kind, gentle soul...bring that soul over to Rome some time and perhaps take a ZEN tango lesson from me. You'd luv Rome; it is full of beauty and fantasy and awesome history and great food and wine. I think we would get along quite well. Perhaps we can even do a video like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-5X1VPtwec