Monday, April 19, 2010

Birthday Week




Birthday Week is over, and it’s now back to business. I seriously need to get some work done. But what a week it was!

My heart’s desire was to spend my birthday in God’s gift of creation. After a breakfast treat of stuffed French Toast with blueberries, Super Hubs and I headed to an arboretum. It was a gorgeous, sunny day in which the spring flowers were peaking. We strolled through the maze garden, watched bluebirds frolic, and took a tram ride through the grounds. We soaked in the daffodil glade, spotted a Golden hawk, and deeply appreciated the brilliant magnolias in full bloom. Spending my birthday with flowers and birds was the exact gift my soul craved!

Later that evening, I was Birthday-Kidnapped by some Anonymous Abductors. They were a group of my friends whom I barely recognized, as they were wearing plastic glasses with noses and moustaches. They took me to a charming little French bistro that specializes in crepes of all kinds. I dined on crepes filled with ratatouille and chicken with goat cheese. We had a bottle of wine, and shared desserts of a fruit crepe which I enjoyed, and a chocolate, banana and caramel crepe that I absolutely adored and have since dreamed about. I will eat those every night for dinner in Heaven!

I have the most wonderful friends! In addition to the Anonymous Abductors, I’ve had my buddies stop by all week with a flowering plant, ingredients to make yummy root beer floats, and offers of meals out. We ended the week having fish tacos and margaritas at an authentic Mexican restaurant with a favorite couple whom we’ve known forever. They are like family. I’ve been abundantly blessed with good friends, and I love them all.

Rock Star shared my Birthday Week, and he turned sweet sixteen. Super Hubs picked him up from school, and they went straight to the DMV where my son successfully passed his Driving test and received his license. We celebrate at his favorite pizza joint, and then he grabbed a friend and headed to the car with the keys for his Maiden Voyage. He had a Best Buy gift card threatening to burn a hole in his pocket, and he needed to do something about that. And have an excuse to drive.

Now 2/3 of my children can drive. God help us and save us all.

1 comment:

SuperHubs said...

wow, Glinda, is that really you?