Wednesday, April 28, 2010

She Left Happy Fairy Dust



My sweet mother-in-law was in town from CT for a four-day visit. Even with the death of her husband just four months ago, she still remains the most positive person that I know. The glass is always half-full in her world. Well, I want to drink her half-full glass of Koolaid and live in her Happy Place because she always sees the lovely side of everything! And spending time with her is like downing a Red Bull drink of Happiness; my spirits perk right up. How I needed that visit from her! As I am coming off of some draining relational craziness in my life, I am realizing one important thing about me: Having gracious and contented people in my life is important to my mental well-being. They color my world Happy and point me to the beautiful work of God in my life. They remind me of all that is good. I can catch the Bitter Bug very easily when I am around angry, negative people. I wish I was immune, but I am not. I know, I know; it’s not a stunning psychological break-through or dissertation-material, but it’s real in my life at present. So I am grateful for the simple moments spent with my sunny mother-in-law; browsing shops and watching movies and cooking meals and discussing good books; my life looks rosier after her visit. It was sooo good for my soul. Thanks, Mom, for the gift! Please live forever, okay?

As an aside, I had my parents over for dinner on Saturday night so they could visit with my mother-in-law. I had told Little Squirt ahead of time that all three of his grandparents would be eating dinner together around the dining room table with him. He adores his grandparents with a love so big that it cannot be contained in just his heart, and it oozes out and shows itself in his sparkly eyes and bouncy muscles. He jumped up and down with glee and said, “Which of my grandpas is coming? The Dead One or The Live One??”

No comments: