Monday, April 12, 2010

Good-Bye To 29 Plus


On this eve of the last night of a certain year of my life, I am contemplative. I am looking back on the past year and remembering the good moments, the sad moments, the proud moments, and the awkward ones. I laughed, I grieved, and I cringed. I was stretched in ways that I never hoped to be, but I grew. Life, in all it’s forms, is such a gift! Although I wince at the thought of adding another number to my age, it’s definitely better than the alternative. So thanks, God, for another year!

Capturing some key moments that took my breath away:

A cat in the drywall
A cactus “hug” every morning in Arizona
Ruth Barton books
Small plates and wine with girlfriends at Houlihan’s
Fondue and a diamond ring
Diamond Head
A luau at The Royal Hawaiian
A kiss by a tropical waterfall
The Fourth of July Jeopardy drama
Butterfly’s Graduation party
Zebra-print dorm decor
“Julie and Julia” with a medley of sympaticos
A gift of homemade cinnamon bread
“Winnie-the-Pooh” readings with my youngest
Cooper’s Hawk Restaurant
Spa Bleu
A one-hour massage with a friend
Piping hot coffee with whipped cream made by my mentor
My husband blessing his father
My husband euologizing his father
Holding my niece for the first time
Friday night dates
Yoga class
Tearful phone calls with my prayer warriors
Wine-tasting through FL
Indonesian Peanutbutter Dip
Watching a downpour on Daytona Beach
A play at The Goodman Theater
“Shutter Island” with my teens
A Book Club beginning
Retreats
Monthly Prayer Huddles with the Intercessors
Alexandra Stoddard books
A Seder
Gathering my extended family around my dining room table
A pink hydrangea

And in this next year, I want to learn to dance in the rain........

2 comments:

sir james said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear Kelly
I hope you are here for many more memories

Kelly said...

Thanks, Sir James. I hope so, too.