Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Singing The New Phone Blues

(Cue guitar cords.) I’ve got the New Phone Blues.......do do do do.

I loathe learning new technology, as I posted here. I know it’s inevitable and good for me to keep current, but I don’t have to like it. Right?

A truck dropped off a box this morning containing some scary new gizmos. My daughter handed me a pink one, and said it was my new cell. If I hadn’t known for a fact that she’d picked it out for me, I wouldn’t believe it. This doo-dad looks like it could launch a spaceship if I push the wrong button. I’m not kidding. I’m kinda scared.

When Super Hubs discussed buying new phone last week, I chose not to be part of the Family Cell Phone Discussion. I said that Family Cell Phone Discussions were not interesting to me. And, besides, I was trying to catch up on some episodes of LOST. So I opted out of the Family Cell Phone Discussion and trusted my Teens to pick out a good one for me, and now look at the hot water I’m in! I’ve got a scary-looking phone with a bunch of teeny buttons I cannot read and options I don’t understand. And now I’m going to have to break out the tutorial and actually read it if I want to be texting my friends anytime soon. And LOST is on tonight. Dang.

3 comments:

sir james said...

gizmos and do-dads are fun for some, but I still like the keep it simple approach.

Kelly said...

I'm with you, Sir James!

JiMF said...

My wife's the one who figures this stuff out. It used to be me, but it's just too much now - otoh, she never likes her phone and I always like mine!