Friday, May 28, 2010

Career Counseling


Little Squirt asked me this morning what profession he should pursue when he grows up. He still has one week left of the first grade, so I admire his ambition to vision-cast his future at the tender age of 7.

I encouraged him to think of his dreams and passions, and consider following them.

“What are passions?” he asked.

“Passions are things that you really love. What do you really, really love?” I asked him.

“Well,” he said, after thinking deeply, “I love toys and I love candy.”

You gotta love a man who is real about the pinings of his heart. May God bless my little boy's endeavors to pursue a field of candyland dreams! Or toyland ambitions! And knowing of Little Squirt’s Midas touch, it’ll be an incredible ride.

1 comment:

Sir James said...

That sounds great.I wish I could take the candyland trip with him. Don't you.