Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Fouth, Friends!




Happy Fourth of July to my friends!
Here are my family’s weekend’s highlights:
-Eating an al fresco Chinese food dinner with some long-term friends.
-The Lakeside Festival with it’s extravagantly high ticket prices for some chintzy carnival rides on scarily outdated equipment. But there was cotton candy, so the whole thing was worth it.
-Watching Little Squirt sing “Free” with the Children’s Choir on the church’s main stage. The little ones were all precious and adorable and so serious. I always cry watching my baby serve his church in this way.
- Eating grilled steak and sweet corn on a patriotically-decked table at my parents' house. Then watching a beautiful fireworks display from the sidewalk near their home.
-Seeing familiar faces at my community’s endlessly long parade. It was hot, folks. I like hot and am not complaining. But after 2 1/2 hours of sitting there, I was wiped out.
-Our traditional “perfect” dinner for those summer evenings when I should BBQ but don’t have the energy: KFC drumsticks, mashed potatoes and biscuits.
-Stealing some moments here and there to almost-finish "Confessions of a Prairie Bitch."
All in all a wonderful holiday weekend.

1 comment:

SuperHubs said...

I'll have to send you the choir video link. Go go kids choir!