Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Zen-ing With Zeal



We have friends from home that happen to be vacationing nearby this very week, so we met up yesterday at the beach, then strolled into Harbour Town after dinner. Little Squirt was thrilled to have playmates join his frolicing. We watched the sunset over the sound and ate ice cream cones from the Cinnamon Bear.

My hair is bleaching out, I’m burned in odd places and sporting a raccoon tan. I’ve finished four books and a pound of fudge. I’m forgetting to floss, staying up way past my bedtime, and permitting my boys to be messy. It’s all part of the vacation experience, so I refuse to feel guilty.

It’s Day #4 of our trip, and I’m feeling myself relax and unwind at last. No hurry, no worrry. Maybe the hot southern sunshine is melting my brain cells, but I’m stress-immune and I love it. This Tropical Mama is just sitting back, hanging loose and letting the little things go. Who cares if there’s a foot of sand in the trunk of our car? Who’s fretting that my youngest has drunk nothing but root beer since we hit Kentucky? Not Mellow Moi! Pour me another glass of pinot and and let’s have a Tranquility Toast, shall we?

No comments: