Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Dip's Favorite Dip


One of my absolute favorite things about my vacation to FL was eating a yummy Indonesian dip I was served at a beachfront cocktail party. It was nestled in a plate of raw veggies, and I completely ravished it, even dribbling a flew blobs onto the white carpet. (You cannot take me anywhere without an Embarrassing Occurrence. I swear, I am worse than a 3 year-old. Just ask my friends.)

I have since acquired the recipe, and decided to try my hand at making it. I feared it wouldn’t taste nearly as scrumptious without the scenic ocean view and tropical breezes evading my senses. But I was oh so wrong! This recipe is every bit as magical when eaten from the ho-hum monotony of my mid-western kitchen.

I have made the dip twice now, in hopes it would entice me to eat more veggies. Which it has. But then I began dipping in pieces of French bread, then moved onto tortilla chips, and then Oreos. (Big sigh.)

Here’s the recipe. May you enjoy it as much as I do!

INDONESIAN DIP
2/3 c. crunchy peanut butter
6 T dark brown sugar
1/2 c. lemon juice
4 T chili sauce
1 tsp. soy sauce
Combine all ingredients. Refrigerate at least 24 hours before serving. (If you can wait that long, you are far more of an Integrous Rule-Follower than I, and I shall salute you.)

No comments: