Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sans Offspring



We had a rare kid-less day. Rock Star is still in Boston getting water-logged. The East Coast has gotten hit with some horrific storms, but I don’t think it’s dampened my son’s vacation in any way. (Pun intended. Aren't I clever?) Little Squirt is still spending time with his Fairy Godmother and her family; cavorting at the Museum of Science and Industry, where I’ve heard he has driven a similated plane around the world. Now he’ll never want to come home.

Super Hubs and I drove our kid-less selves up to Lake Geneva where we browsed charming little shops and spent $10 on a jar of salsa. We ate lobster bisque for lunch, and then sat on a bench and watched the windsurfers. It was 79 degrees and sunny, and we pretended we were on vacation.

I love being a mother; it’s truly my favorite thing to be. But every now and then, it’s fun to just be two. (Don’t tell my kids. I wouldn't want them to feel badly.)

No comments: