Sunday, January 6, 2008

Break A Leg!


I’ve had a large case of “The Frantics.” My symptoms included but were not limited to: extreme anxiety, insomnia, and obsessive thoughts of “OMG, I cannot do this!” Once I received a big dose of Confidence, I was well on my way to recovery. What was the cause of my diagnosis? A church drama performance this weekend for two services; each with an audience of almost 1,000.

I was not originally cast in this particular sketch, but an actor dropped out because of a family emergency, and I stepped in. So I had only 2 days to memorize my lines; a feat that usually takes at least a week to do. So I “lived, breathed and slept” script memorization for the past 72 hours. And I stretched those old brain cells and did it!.

We had great fun in this ensemble of 6 with a terrific director. This sketch included Four Demons, An Angel and A Regular Guy. I played a Demon and performed wickedly;-). So now I am gloriously and completely emotionally drained.

I just love this Drama Team of talented, wonderful actors, who are also dear friends! I truly enjoy every minute that we hang out. Performing together is an incredibly bonding experience.

I am rewarding myself tonight for a job well done with a new episode of Desperate Housewives, a glass of pinot noir, and an early bedtime. Halleluiah!

No comments: