Friday, January 4, 2008

Melancholy


Bad Bad Coupl’a Days.

1.) Took Rock Star to the orthodontist.
What the hygienist said after his appointment: “He has not been wearing his head gear as recommended. He needs to wear it for 12 hours day. Bring him back in 1 month. If there’s not significant improvement, we will apply bolts in his mouth and charge you $300.”

What I heard the hygienist say: “Since you’ve been a totally incompetent mother and have not been properly enforcing your 13-year-old’s head gear wearage 24/7, You Spineless Wimp, we will punish you both by torturing him with some mysterious painful things in his mouth, and shame you by charging $300 so you cannot afford to re-decorate your Master Bathroom as planned. You Completely Inept Loser Mother Loser.”

I’ve been upset about it two days. Angry at the orthodontics office, angry at myself, and angry at Rock Star. The only thing that has helped is M& Ms. So now my son will be being strictly monitored (because I really need my Master Bathroom redecorated.)

2.) My dog entered Petcare Dog Grooming as a dappled long-haired dachshund and exited a dapple-er short-haired dachshund. We had just asked for a trim! He got a complete buzz cut; timely for this sub-zero weather. They might as well just have shaved everything off and called him a sphinx. And now he has a new bad habit of sleeping on the furniture; a “No No” in our house. So my question is: “Is this really my dog??” Hmmmmm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Poor little RudeMeister. Bring em over and lets see if we can do some "extensions" DooleyMan can definitley help out with that. I must make him a jacket!! OIY!

Anonymous said...

Awe, poor Rudy! I'll bring Chewy over and they can talk about it. We asked a place to trim our little dog Chewy once and especially in the rear area to keep things from getting messy. She came home with a completely bald monkey butt! Poor little dog, we never went back there again....

Good luck on the orthodontics!