Tuesday, January 1, 2008

To Know What Is Great In '08


I loooove new beginnings. Fresh starts. Out with the old. Which is why I am charmed by this present holiday.

I have spent past New Year’s Days plotting out resolutions designed to vastly improve my body and my house. My perfectionism rears its ugly head with impossible goals that leave me feeling defeated by February. What are the ways in which I can transform myself into a middle-aged super model?? How can I create a home environment that would be the envy of Martha Stewart; where she would visit to get ideas for her show??

But, call it uncharacteristic maturity or a growing realization that life is quickly fleeting, this New Year's Day I am thinking about how I can improve my soul. What would it look like for me to become a more loving, more beautiful person in ‘08? What are some of the areas of my character that need to be sanded down by The Master Potter?

One of the resolutions that I have made for this year is "To be more grateful." They say that “gratitude” is the antidote to “discontent.” No more grumbling for me in ’08. I desire to reach above and beyond contentment; to be overflowing with delight for all that I have. I want my eyes be opened to see all the gifts that God has given me, and to count them as I lie in bed at night. To look around at my life and say, “It is good.”

Happy New Year to you! May you be blessed beyond measure. And realize it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I resolve to forego resolutions! Actually, I'm going back on a diet (clothes are getting too tight lately) and I won't regret time I "waste" with the kids instead of working on the house or playing with my own toys. May God bless us all in the new year, increase our fortunes (in His eyes), and grant us peace in our hearts beyond the understanding of this world.

PS - Rudemeister??? Doug??? I don't buy that for a second!