Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Hit Full Force

Despite my best efforts to keep my germs isolated, The Plague has spread through my family, claiming three more victims. The only one still standing is Rock Star. And he has stepped up to the plate like a champ. While the rest of us were still sleeping this morning, I heard him wake up at 7:30 and head downstairs to empty the dishwasher, let the dog out, and eat three bowls of cereal. (Presumably to keep up his strength.)

I caught him studying my “Five Ingredients Or Less” cookbook, and he apparently told his guitar teacher that he would need to learn to pay the bills. (He must have a premonition that this flu bug will keep us all down and out much longer than we’re hoping.) He gets annoyed if one of us wanders downstairs. “What are you doing?? Go back to bed!!” he scolds as he covers his face with his t-shirt.

But until he really learns to cook, we are taking meal donations. So feel free to don your HazMat suit, put the casserole on our front porch, ring the bell, then drive away. Far away. We’ll give you five minutes to make the escape before we open our germ-infested front door. Although Rock Star has aspirations of making BLT’s for dinner tonight. He asked me, “Do I need to cook the bacon before I put it in the sandwich?” ….Like I said, meal donations are always welcome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, by the time I could get there it would be cold.... Hope you are feeling better soon!