Thursday, March 6, 2008

I Am Revolting!

We are still alive, if you were worried. This has been a wicked flu! Rock Star remains the only one without symptoms. He’s taken to braggadocio about his “immune system of steel.” The youth certainly have us beaten on that. Butterfly was down for just two days, and went back to school today, prepared to greet her beloved public. Little Squirt gets lethargic when his fever elevates, but once the motrin kicks in, he’s doing his “Power Ranger” moves off the couch.

I have spent six days straight resting. I had my big “morning out” grocery shopping with Rock Star today. When I got home, I was so light-headed and exhausted that I needed a two-hour nap. What am I, eighty?? Super Hubs spends his time shuffling through the house looking for tissues.

But now, we have a life to get back to. Super Hubs will return to work tomorrow, and I have a jam-packed weekend. This flu has stolen almost a week of my life, which I will never get back again. So enough! I declare a Mutiny! Flu- Be vanquished!! (If only it could be so easy.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm back! Great to feel well again.