Wednesday, May 7, 2008

It's Not Fair!

Super Hubs flew to Arizona today, and so I am insanely jealous. He went for a work conference, and he did offer to take me. But, considering the fact that we have three children that need tending to (and one of them in high school with an Algebra II grade that indicates she has no business missing school for a southwestern trip), I needed to stay here.

Super Hubs told me it was just a mandatory "Work Thingie," and that he'll be stuck in a conference room all day, and that he'd actually rather stay home with us. Like I'd fall for THAT! Nice try, Baby! Here's the real story: He will get to stay at a luxury resort tucked in the foothills of the scenic Sonoran Desert, surrounded by towering Saguaro and beautiful wildflowers. He’ll have a quiet villa all to himself, decorated with authentic Southwest décor and architecture, and blah blah blah. (I read the hotel website.) He’ll get to relax by one of the luxury pools with a tropical drink and perhaps enjoy a massage at the spa. He’ll relish fabulous peaceful dining, with no Little Squirt or teenagers to dominate all the conversation. He won’t have to deal with homework. Or housework. Or carpooling. Or dog vomit.

So I sit and resent the fact that I am stuck here, where it is chilly and gray today, and I have no luxury pool to relax by. And no professional masseuse on site to exfoliate my skin with a desert honey sugar scrub. And nary a professional to teach me about Native American culture. Or tour guide to take me on a moonlight nature hike and desert jeep tour. And no chef to prepare me a fine dinner of grilled halibut and crème brulee.
I’m just sayin’.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Say, are there any hobby shops in AZ? LOL

Nah, he's probably sitting back with cucumbers on his eyes and pieces of tissue between his toes, sipping a grasshopper and missing you all...

Great blog, by the way - you really did a great job finding the points of humor and balancing this one. I can really tell that your writing is getting better.

Anonymous said...

It was actually some sort of glazed chicken with a nice rasberry tart for dessert - they also make a strong margarita.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sunset tonight. It's quiet here.

Anonymous said...

He's probably just reading a train mag. by the pool.