Thursday, May 1, 2008

Jewelry And Junk Food


My new “Eating Healthy” Diet is going rather poorly. Abysmally, even. But it has not been entirely my fault. One reason is that I went out to dinner with my Fabulously Funny Drama Team the other night, and we celebrated the spring birthdays of the team members, which included Bill’s and mine. (Bill did not care for the sparkly pink bracelet that I bought for him, so I kept it and gave him English Toffee instead. Darn. I hate it when I have to keep jewelry.) I received lots of yummy treats, which I needed to eat, for it was the polite thing to do. And I am nothing if not polite. But we laughed like crazy, so I’m hoping all the endorphins canceled out any bad chemicals from the junk food. You think?

And then there’s been stress this week, what with the Cutlery Drawer Spider and Fighting Crime and some personal stuff that I will not share on my blog lest I feel completely naked. I’m not certain yet how to get through the strain without my good friends and neighbors, The Reeses and The Cheetos. They’ve always been there for me through thick and thin, and I hate to just drop them from my life without notice. Their feelings might be hurt. And I have not yet found Mr. Kiwi or Ms. Rice Cake quite as comforting.

And last night I had Heartburn in the middle of the night. I haven’t had Heartburn in years. So I attributed that to drinking orange juice right before bed. Hmmmmm.
Orange juice before bed= Heartburn.
A glass of wine before bed= Good night sleep.
Now I’m wondering if this “Eating Healthy” Diet is really going to work for me after all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain -- every time I turn around, we are having a party or food thing at work or going out to celebrate a birthday or anniversary with someone! Really another very enjoyable blog!

Anonymous said...

I think the Reeses and Cheetos families should visit every night.

Anonymous said...

Yu giz look like yu r havin fun