Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Is it Tuesday Again? In HIlton Head



There is something magical about the ocean. I sit in my little chair in the sunshine (and refuse to feel guilty, no matter how many melanoma pamphlets you show me), stare out to sea, and breathe deeply of the salt air. I watch babies toddle in the sand, hear children screech in the waves. It is soul-healing, I swear. I can literally feel the stress just ooze out of my bones. I feel closer to God, somehow. I receive new strength, greater clarity, broader vision. The waves crash onto the shore. The waves roll back into the sea. Crash. Roll. Crash. Roll. I hand my concerns up to God and observe the supernatural phenomenon that occurs. Discernment comes crashing in, and worries roll away. Crash. Roll. "How deep, how long, how wide is my love for you, Kelly?" I bury my toes in the wet sand and feel my spirit flooded with peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just outstanding!