Thursday, June 12, 2008

South Or Bust

Wohoo!! It’s been an incredibly freeing week for me!
1.)I drop-kicked some relational baggage across the state with a big, “Lata Gata!” and it felt dang good.
2.)I got a pedicure while sitting a Shiatsu chair that massaged my muscles to jelly.
3.) I had my fingernails painted a bright bubblegum pink instead of my traditional French; and I am so completely secure in my middle-aged married-ness that I can wear “Hooker” nails and have no anxiety that I’ll be mistaken for one.
4.)I got my teeth cleaned by the nice hygienist (as opposed to the mean hygienist who attacks my gums with the zest of a bloody-thirsty Ax Murderer and then criticizes me for brushing too hard) and I had no cavities!

Yes, the week’s been incredible as far as weeks go. And it will get even better tomorrow because………WE ARE GOING ON VACATION!! (Doing a Victory Dance)

Tomorrow we leave at dawn for an island in the south of this country where we will relax for …..(drum roll please)…..TWO WEEKS! And it’s because I have the most wonderful husband in the world who bought me an extra week’s vacation as a “Graduating From Teaching Homeschool Forever” present.

We are driving the 18 hour trip in two days. Little Squirt will celebrate his 6th Birthday tomorrow, stuck in the backseat of the minivan, poor baby. But we have a birthday gift an hour to present to him, which will make the drive more celebratory.

The Teens are sulking. You’d think I’d just signed them up for Boot Camp from the way they have been whining about being gone for two weeks! To a tropical island. With beautiful beaches. And did I mention the pools at our villa? And tennis courts. And luscious dining. I don’t get it! What’s not to be ecstatic about?? I, too, have friends that I will miss, but, much as I love them, I will not forfeit a vacation! I will just write them a witty postcard from the beach while drinking a mai tai. And sporting a drop-dead tan.

Oh vacation! I love you!!

I will attempt to blog on location, if I we have internet access from our villa. (And if I’m not too exhausted from my daily napping on the beach. And dolphin-watching. And reading one of the 11 library books I’ve packed.) So hopefully, if the stars align in the sky as they should, I will blog again soon from The Tropics! And if I cannot, please visit me again in two weeks. I will miss you. (Sniff.)

Bon Voyaging now. Peace out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Farewell and happy Birthday to Little Squirt!