Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Disney Day 1


We arrive at the airport, where my hand lotion is confiscated by the security dudes that pride themselves in keeping our air safe. The pervasive odor of my Bath & Body Works "cotton blossom" lotion may knock out the crew and bring down the plane, don't you know.

There is a bit of excitement at 30,000 feet elevation when a woman gets ill and faints in the middle of the aisle. They declare a medical emergency and ask for doctors or nurses on board to assist. I respond (thrilled to dust off my nursing skills), as does a chiropractor. He and I assess, and administer and oxygen and first aid. She recovers and all is well. We land without incident in Orlando at 1pm local time. The weather is perfect: sunny and in the mid 70's.

We arrive at our convention hotel, and the boys enjoy a refreshing swim in the spectacular pool with water slide. Then Super Hubs heads to a dinner seminar. Rock Star, Little Squirt and I, exhausted from our 4:30am wake up time, dine at the hotel pizzeria, then go back to our room to relax. Tomorrow we will take on The Magic Kingdom!

No comments: