Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving



As I was dishing out the turkey dinner this afternoon, my eyes fell upon a bright splash of color. The Hawthorn tree outside our dining room window had branches draped with red berries; a brilliant contrast against the otherwise gray outdoors. Momentarily interrupting our dinner, my husband ran to the front yard to cut a few branches, which I spontaneously propped between my silver candlesticks on the dining room table. An inspired centerpiece resulted, which would have made Martha Stewart proud, I believe!

So today I am grateful for the ordinary. Besides the blessings of my family, hearth and home, I am thankful to God for the scarlet color of the Hawthorn berry, which brightened the colorless canvas of this November day. It truly felt like an unexpected gift.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones! I join you today in thanking God for all our many blessings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!