Thursday, November 8, 2007

Disney Day 2


My sons and I head to The Magic Kingdom in the morning. Butterfly is conspicuously absent this trip (she opted to stay home with a friend) and I am missing her terribly. We experienced a mother/daughter trip here just two years ago, so everything is reminding me of her.

Little Squirt, who delights in the ordinary, is over-the-top joyous about the extraordinary that is The Magic Kingdom. It is both my boys' first trip here, and I enjoy their extreme enthusiasm. We do.....everything. Every ride, every experience is their's today.

The "Pirates of the Caribbean" seems to be my sons' favorite. Little Squirt, who has no interest in castles or princesses, implores me to buy him a play gun, and then "shoots" every tourist in sight. Ah...testosterone.

We spend a full 8 hours in the park, then head back to the hotel to join Super Hubs, finished with his conference for the day. We relax for a bit, then meet my friend, Kellye, and her family for dinner. Kellye is one of my closest friends and actually lives only about 15 minutes from my house in the Chicago suburbs. We just happen to be vacationing in Orlando at the same time, through sheer coincidence. So we enjoy pasta and wine together with our families.

All in all- A Magical Day!

No comments: