Friday, November 9, 2007

Disney Day 3


Rock Star, Little Squirt and I drive to MGM Studios, arriving when the park opens. We have an amazing time. I looove all things Hollywood, so the whole "feel" of this park pulls my actor heartstrings.

We spend a fun 4 hours there, then "hop" over to the Animal Kingdom. I especially enjoy the Kilimanjaro Safari, where we see live elephants, giraffes and lions freely roaming. Little Squirt is over-the-moon happy in DinoLand.

We leave at 5pm, one stuffed dinosaur later. We three are also stuffed, as we ate our way through the parks. I SO delight in any experience of dining!

And speaking of dining, we pick up Super Hubs at the hotel, then drive to a Cuban-themed restaurant for dinner. I am served a fabulous dish of shrimp linguine with a spicy cream sauce. And with a glass of dry white wine- an extremely pleasant experience in all it's entirety.

I have been missing Super Hubs on this vacation, who has been otherwise occupied with his conference. But now it is over, and we celebrate by taking a couple of hours to ourselves after we get the boys settled for the night. We find a charming cabaret and enjoy drinks together.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally got caught up - you have been busy! Glad Super Hubs is done working and can play a little too! I used to love the old Frugal Gourmet show and I think he rhapsodized about Cuban Cuizine a few times, I really envy you that meal! ;-)

I'm glad you got to go outside the Magic Kingdom - we were there for 2 days and didn't get time, since we wanted to ride every single ride, but we were there in August and I suspect it was very busy then compared to now (November) - how are the crowds?

Can't wait to hear how the rest of the trip goes, so keep us posted!

Kelly said...

The weird dynamic has been that my 5 year old is too little to go on some rides, so we've been limited on that end. The longest line was 50 minutes. Most have been about 10-20. It's been a terrific time of year to go!

Anonymous said...

That's not too bad. My kids really liked the Hall of Presidents and I have to admit that surprised me! The two rides I wanted to go on that we didn't were the Alien ride that has been replaced now and Space Mountain, which I rode when I was in college. Kids didn't want any part of either of those.

I'm sure you guys are getting ready for the trip back, but sounds like you had a great time!