Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My Friend, Tim


I have been an actor in our church’s Drama Team for almost 4 years. Performing with this team of talented artists has been one of the greatest joys of my life. There is something very bonding about being part of an ensemble doing live theater. We are “in the trenches” together; depending upon one another for lines of dialogue, sharing pre-performance jitters, and encouraging each other’s best.

My Drama Team also has the ability to bring out levels of immaturity in my humor that I didn’t even know existed. They can make me laugh like no one else in my life! I admit I am usually right in the thick of the joviality, and often the instigator of All Things Ridiculous. They are some of my closest friends, and always great refreshment for my soul.

Another benefit I’ve found from being part of this excellent church’s Arts Ministry is that I get to brush elbows with some incredibly talented artists who inspire me. Today I want to give a “shout out” to my good friend, Tim Merkel. I’ve performed in dramas with Tim for three years. He is also a dear friend who has prayed me through some of the most difficult times of my life. He is an all-around Excellent Person.

Tim is a well-rounded gifted artist: Actor/Singer/Writer/Musician and Voice Over Artist. He is currently giving my son, Rock Star, guitar lessons and his idol and mentor. He recently set up a new website: http://treebeardsound.com. Take a few minutes to visit, and if you ever need a talented artist, give Tim a call.

Tonight I look forward to hearing him perform at a local restaurant. Super Hubs and I will meet with several actors on the Drama Team to have dinner, relax, and hear Tim’s beautiful gift of song and music. Go, Tim!! Many blessings to you!

No comments: