Friday, February 22, 2008

T M B

I just love technology!!
While one of my BFF’s had surgery today, I sat with her husband in the hospital waiting room. I ate complementary banana muffins and drank complementary coffee, while occasionally watching an electronic board that gave frequent updates on all the patients, such as: “In Pre-Op”, “In Surgery”, “In Recovery Room”, “Awake and Using Bedpan" and "Patient Eating Orange Popsicle." So every minute of the wait, you would know exactly what your loved one was doing behind the mysterious “Medical Personnel Only” doors.

My friend’s husband was given a pager, just exactly like one you’d receive at Chili’s when waiting for a table. And when the surgery was over, it buzzed and lit up, indicating the doctor wanted to consult with him, but my first impulse was yell, "I'd like to order an Awesome Blossom and margarita, please. And hurry!"

And then I was able to Text Message people, letting them know that our friend’s surgery went well and she was safely recovering. Yes, Blogosphere, I have moved into The World of the Cool. I now have Text Messaging, and I know how to use it! Yesterday I sent and received exactly 31 Texts apiece. I am as excited as when I finally got “Baby Tender Love” for Christmas in kindergarten. Texting is my new favorite hobby. I am taking great pleasure in annoying my friends with inane and useless messages, just so they will have to reply to me and then I can be excited that I am receiving messages back and feel important.

So now I am cramming to learn Texting Shorthand, so I can be Beyond Cool. And tonight is our weekly Date Night, so Super Hubs and I will enjoy a delicious romantic meal out, hold hands across the table, and text each other back and forth, just for practice. GGN. TTYL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

KEWL!