Friday, July 11, 2008

Fabulous Friday




Rock Star went off to summer camp today with his church youth group, highly annoyed that I wouldn't allow him bring his iPod. But the instructions specifically stated, "No electronics." (Or firearms, but he was fine with that.) "What am I supposed to do on the bus for 5 hours without my iPod?!" he asked furiously. "Ummmmmm.....talk to your friends??" was my suggestion. (Just a thought.) And then he texted me from the bus, saying that he was the only one without an iPod. Oh, well. Call me an unsympathetic mother and let's move on.

Super Hubs headed off to a Nascar race in Joliet with a friend. So Butterfly and I decided to take Little Squirt out to go shopping. We headed to a super mall where I treated Little Squirt to his first Build-A-Bear. He chose a panda which he promptly named "Peter Parker" and stuck a Spiderman suit on. He took the making and cleaning of his panda extremely seriously, then struck Spidey poses with him all over the mall.

The three of us went to the Rain Forest Cafe for lunch where Little Squirt delighted in the alligator and fish, but was a little uncertain about the ginormous gorilla who hovered over our table.

Then it was off to Ikea. I swear I cannot ever leave that store without massive purchases of home products I had no idea I needed! It's all such a good deal!! And one must always make a purchase if it's a bargain, should they not?? That's just good common shopping sense. I went to get ideas for redecorating Rock Star's bedroom, and ended up buying a new tea kettle, humongous amounts of wooden hangers, and two vases in coordinating shades of pink for Butterfly.

We ended the afternoon with Free Slurpees from 7-11. Because today is 7-11, don'tcha know??

All in all a great day....so far. Tonight Butterfly will help me declutter Rock Star's room in his absence. And you haven't met clutter until you've entered Rock Star's domain. I am seriously scared. Oi.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like some great family time, K! My daughter and son both love Build-A-Bear. Too cute!