Saturday, July 26, 2008

Happy Birthday, Butterfly!



I cannot describe how thrilling it was to become a mother. From the first moment I held you, I was enchanted. Your big brown eyes….head full of hair I could already enjoy stylin’…..your joyful presence. You seemed to be at home in my arms. I was ecstatic that you were a girl and I envisioned pink, pink and pink all the time.

I remember cradling you, and wondering who you would become. Would you be sweet, cautious, feisty, daring? Would you be artistic and creative, sporty and athletic, serious and intellectual? Or a Combination Platter? You were a gift that kept on giving as more and more qualities of you developed. I likened you to a baby sunflower unfolding.

My Butterfly, I love every bit of the energy you bring to our family! You are a gifted visual artist, a lover of people, a kind and caring friend, a young woman with a bucketful of strength, The Life of the Party. You dive into the business of living with an adventurous attitude, always reaching for the fun. “Got Social??” I have seen you grow in maturity, take beauty from ashes, and come out of difficult experiences more loving. Which is what it’s all about.

Keep growing, keep modeling godly character for the brothers you lead, and keep smiling. You are God’s special princess. I’m proud to call you mine.
Happy 17th birthday! How the years have flown.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! I am proud to be her dad.

Anonymous said...

I'm crying!!!

i love you mommy!