Thursday, July 17, 2008

Uh Oh


The Dog Days of summer are upon us in Chicagoland. The temperature is hovering in the 90s and I have my Horrid Humid Hair. As much as I love the sunshine, I have taken to lounging in the shade this week, in hopes that it is a tad less roasting.

Little Squirt has jumped into a T-ball League. Where he lacks in skill and size he more than makes up for in enthusiasm and personality. The heat doesn’t seem to bother his energy level a bit. Which is why I was surprised, tonight at dinner, when he prayed before the meal: “Dear God, please let it snow. I miss the snow so much, and I want to play in it tomorrow. Amen.”

So now, remembering the miserable frigid winter months, I am trying to “cancel” out his prayer. “Really, God, I’m sorry I complained today about being hot. It’s ok, really! I don’t mind the heat a bit. Not one little bit. BTW- Can you just possibly disregard Little Squirt’s prayer for snow?? I’d prefer not to have to drag the snow blower up from the basement. Thanks in advance. Amen.”

So we’ll see. Little Squirt seems to be a special one of God’s; his prayers hastily answered. So if you wake up tomorrow morning to see some white precipitation on your lawn, I apologize in advance, on behalf of my son.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dog days of Summer - our daughter just got home from an outside luau party complete with mosquitos, 93 degrees out and humid. Luckily, instead of doing the pig on coals thing, they enjoyed some delivery pizza!